Our Mob and Cancer Expert Reference Group
Cancer Australia extends our gratitude to the Chair and members of the Expert Reference Group for their invaluable contribution to the development of Our Mob and Cancer.
To support co-design of Our Mob and Cancer from its earliest development, Cancer Australia brought together an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Expert Reference Group to provide expert advice and guidance on all stages of the website development and release.
Members of the Expert Reference Group included Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cancer consumers and communications professionals, clinicians working in Aboriginal health care, representatives from Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisations and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Research Groups.
- Ms Kristine Falzon, Executive Manager, Waminda South Coast Women's Health and Welfare Aboriginal Corporation
- Mr Karl Briscoe, CEO, National Association of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Workers and Practitioners
- Associate Professor Phil Carson, Surgeon, Flinders University Northern Territory Medical Program
- Mrs Katrina Johnson, Co-Director, Master of Indigenous Business Leadership, Monash Business School, Director of Cartymara Consulting and cancer survivor
- Professor James Smith, Deputy Dean Rural and Remote Health NT, Flinders University
- Dr Tanya Schramm, President, Australian Indigenous Doctors' Association
- Ms Kim Gates, Executive Director, Public Health and CQI, Aboriginal Health Council of Western Australia
- Mr Bryce Gray, Senior Adviser, National Indigenous Australians Agency